Goldman Environmental Consultants, Inc. provides our clients with periodic updates and articles informing them of new regulatory requirements, upcoming deadlines, innovative technologies, and other environmental news. Our goal is to inform and provide insight into topics that are important to our clients, and that may impact their businesses.
GEC conducts investigations and assessments to identify, characterize, and, if necessary, remediate oil and/or hazardous material (OHM) contamination. Investigations and assessments are designed and implemented in accordance with state and federal regulations, policies, and MCP guidelines.
GEC completes a broad range of response and remediation actions required for OHM releases. Our innovative, cost-effective approach keeps in mind the possible outcomes of the investigation, regulatory implications, current and potential future site use, and client resources throughout the process.
GEC's oil and hazardous material services include:
- Underground storage tank (UST) assessment, closure, and remediation;
- Release or spill investigation and removal action;
- Imminent Hazard Evaluations;
- Determination of regulatory reporting requirements;
- Response to notices of enforcement by regulatory agencies;
- Phase I-Limited Site Investigations; site inspection; subsurface investigation; agency review to identify environmental resource areas, sensitive receptors, land use, site history, and evidence of OHM use, storage, and release;
- Phase II - Comprehensive Site Assessments; hydrogeological investigation, determining source, extent and magnitude of contamination, contaminant fate and transport modeling, risk characterization with respect to public health, welfare, safety, and the environment;
- Contaminant fate and transport modeling (air, soil, groundwater); and
- Remedial system design, installation, oversight, and operation and maintenance.